Friday, December 5, 2008

Birthday Memories and One Big Eater

I turned 24 on Wednesday! I had an awesome birthday and it was one I'll never forget. No, those aren't birthday candles in that picture. Emily and I spent most of the day without power. A car ran into a power pole a ways down our road and caused hundreds to go without power from about 2pm to 8:30pm! I didn't think the power was going to be out that long, but it gradually got colder and colder and once the sun went down it was only 6o degrees in our house. And I couldn't go anywhere because I don't know how to manually open my garage door, and I couldn't call anyone because my cell phone died! So I got as many candles as I could find, put Emily in her fleece snow suit, I put on my robe and slippers and we huddled by the candles and read Clifford books (we like to read about Emily Elizabeth).




Then Dad finally came home and we were off to Grandma Monk's for a delicious dinner of steak and shrimp (my ultimate favorite!). I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful family that loves me so much. I got a call from every member of my family and they left a musical message of Happy Birthday on my phone and Steve's family always makes me feel right at home even when I'm far away from Washington. I love you all!
In other news...Emily has been a little piggy lately. We can't seem to ever fill her up! On Wednesday I decided to write down every thing she ate:

Breakfast:
-A Milkshake (Rice cereal and milk in her sippy cup)
-A big handful each of Golden Grahams and Cheerios
-3 peach slices

Snack:
-1 whole graham cracker (all four squares)
-A cup of Pear Juice

Lunch:
-A big handful of Ramen noodles and green beans (that's what I had)
-Peas
-Carrots
-a couple peach slices
-2 whole graham crackers (that's 8 squares!)

Snack:
-An entire bowl of baby oatmeal mixed with yogurt
-A cup of milk

Dinner:
-A roll
-some baked potato
-birthday cake

Snack before bed:
-Her nightly "Milkshake"
Holy cow! Do you think she's going through a growth spurt?! I think it's possible...

Waving at the camera...If you tell Emily to "say hi!" she waves. It's adorable!



It is adorable to watch Emily eat spaghett/ramen noodles. She slurps them right up! I think it's because she learned how to drink from a straw at such an early age so the slurping thing is second nature now.

I just had to add this last picture...my little baby is growing up so fast! I'd say she is officially a toddler now. She hardly ever crawls anymore and she's an old pro at walking. It's so bitter-sweet. It is so much fun watching her grow up, but I want her to slow down a little!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the video of her eating the noodles! It's so funny, and she is so cute. O, the things to look forward too!

Meek Family said...

She needs all that fuel to keep up with her running around. She is soooo adorable. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

Monk Family said...

I'm just glad Em's is a good eater. You'll always remember this birthday won't you? Just think of the stories you will be able to tell Emily. We love you guys! Mom Monk