Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday and a Merry Christmas

Emily had her 1st birthday on December 21st. It was the day before we left for Washington so I didn't get the pictures posted, but here they are! We had a princess party for her and it was so much fun. I made Emily a tutu and a princess castle cake, and bought her a wand and tiara. Having a little girl is so much fun! She had fun prancing around in her little tutu and if ever her tiara fell off she would try frantically to put it back on. She had a spill a few days before so there's a little scab on her nose but she still couldn't have been more adorable! Emily was so excited about her presents and had tons of fun opening them but then she'd only want to open the present she'd just opened and we'd have to help her open the next one; then the process would start all over again. After presents we had cake. We gave Emily the whole cake topper to eat. I thought she'd smoosh her little hands in it a bit and she did do that at first but then she just picked up the whole thing and ate it! Then she had to share some with Daddy. Emily, it's been so much fun watching you grow and we can't wait to see what new things you'll learn to do. You're the greatest thing to ever happen to us and we love you with all our hearts!

What a pretty pretty princess!

Opening presents



Emily's favorite thing right now is books, and she got lots of them for her birthday!

Great Grandma and Grandpa Monk

"Grandpa, that's mine. Why is it on your head?"

It was fun to see Uncle Sam while he was here.

Emily got a piano from Grandma and Grandpa Monk and she loves playing it!

Emily was confused about why we were singing to her.

One candle for one year


"Will it fit?

"Try some, Dad!"


Since we wouldn't be together Chrismas morning we opened presents with the Monks after the party and had a mini Christmas.


Our trip to Washington was wonderful. We went for Christmas and for Aunt Brittany's wedding. Christmas morning with Emily was so much fun since she'd already had practice opening presents just a few days before for her birthday. She'd open her present and get a huge grin on her little face and then carry her toy over to show everyone. It was precious! Christmas is definitely more fun with little children.


Christmas Eve (we got to open a few presents).

Christmas Morning


Showing Aunt Brittany her new toy.


Look what Santa brought!

Emily absolutely loves her rocking horse. (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!)


Yummy candy cane

New Year's Eve snacks with Grandma Robinson


Once again Aunt Brianne and Emily were inseparable. They've been best friends since Emily was first born.

Mom and Aunt Brianne playing Guitar Hero

Uncle Brian and Emily playing around



Fun with Uncle Brandon and a wicker basket




Brittany's wedding was on the 27th so things were pretty crazy getting all the preparations finished, but we did it! Great Grandpa Robinson sealed Brittany and Andrew for time and all eternity in the Portland, Oregon Temple. Then we had a luncheon at Olive Garden, and a beautiful reception later that evening. Everything went perfectly and we're so happy for the new couple! I don't have pictures yet, but as soon as I do I'll be sure to post them.

The day after the wedding Dad drove back home because he had to work, but Emily and I stayed behind to spend more time with the family. We spent a lot of our time playing the Wii that Brian got. Our favorite game was Guitar Hero, and we all got pretty good at it. It was so nice to spend time with my family since we only get to see them about twice a year. We love you all! Thanks for a great vacation! Even though we had so much fun in Washington it's still so nice to come home. Emily was ecstatic to see her daddy-she missed him tons and tons and I know he probably missed her even more.

We had a wonderful Holiday season and hope you all did as well!

3 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

I'm so glad that you had fun with your family and can't wait to see your sister's wedding pics! That is sooo hilarious that you had a Princess bday for Emily! Sooo cute!

Unknown said...

Brooke,

I think it's so funny that we made the same color tutu's! And I'm so glad you got yours done. I wish we could have gotten together to do them, but I guess that's life. Hopefully we can get together soon and hang out and let grace and emily play. Glad you had a fun trip.
Alisha

Monk Family said...

We're so glad you guys are home, we really missed you. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. You have some darling pictures. What a cute little princess you have. I can't believe she is one year old! Boy, that first year sure went fast. The fun is just beginning. . .
We love you guys! Mom Monk