Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Well Needed Break

So stress has definitely been a resident of our home lately and it is not a very welcome visitor! Steve is just about done with school and is always busy with physics. Since he can't work as much I've been picking up the slack, and don't get me wrong...I absolutely love my job and adore my 19 kiddos but boy are they exhausting! Then after a 9 hour day I come home to all that needs to be accomplished there. I couldn't love anyone more than my baby girl, but oh my....she has begun the Terrible Twos and sometimes I just want to pull out my hair! Her temper tantrums are more than I can take sometimes. So this weekend Steve and I shipped Emily off to Grandma's house for a well needed break to get some rest, relaxation and rejuvenation so we can get through the rest of the semester. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for giving us some sanity time. I know Emily had a blast with you! We love you tons!

Friday we went fishing all day on the South Fork of the Snake River and it was bliss. It was cold, but so beautiful and we were the only ones there. I caught the biggest rainbow trout I've ever caught and Steve caught some of his biggest too. I only caught the one and he caught 6 so he out-fished me this time, but he hadn't in a while so I guess it was his turn to win!



We came home, made a yummy dinner of steak and shrimp and watched a movie while we had delicious cheesecake. The best part of it all was sleeping in Saturday morning! I can't remember the last time I haven't woken up to Emily knocking on her door and yelling "Mom!". I got to take a long shower, spend as much time as I wanted getting ready, I cleaned my house without Emily following me reversing everything I'd done, then I finished my Christmas shopping. By the afternoon I was missing Emily terribly and I think the best part of the whole weekend was picking her up and hearing "Mom!" again.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! I know that feeling of not being able to take one more screaming fit! I hope the end of the semester will come fast for you! I miss you!

Kristina Rowley said...

SOOO jealous! I want a grandma by me too! Lucky! Great fishing! We were impressed. Miss you guys! Hey, I work for Melaleuca now as a wellness hot shot. YOu want to sit by us at the Christmas Concert?!!!! Ems is so darling by the way. We just love her.