We had a pretty low-key 4th of July. I was sick the night before and still a little woozy and wiped out most of the day. Steve had to work and early that morning I could hardly get out of bed so Grandma and Grandpa Monk came and got the kids so I could rest. Later that afternoon I met up with them at their house where Emily played and played on their make shift water slide-she loves that thing! It's a slide that goes from the railing of their deck into a little rubber pool. Then we had a hot dog and s'mores cook out at our house (I ate Ramen noodles) then we lit off our own fireworks in the street. Emily didn't like them as much as I thought she would, but she got used to them and started having fun-just like last year she was very leery of sparklers. Then we took our camp chairs across the street and watched the fireworks that were lit off at the river, we had a decent view from our house and we didn't have to deal with all the traffic and people. We had a tree that covered only part of them, and I can't speak for everyone else but I loved the idea of watching them from the comfort of my home. We turned on the car stereo and blasted the patriotic music that was broadcast just for the firework show. Then it was straight to bed since Steve still had to wake up at 5am. This 4th of July was a little different than the others we've had but looking back on it I'm not disappointed because it had all the aspects I love: Family, Fireworks, Food and Patriotism. I can't help but get choked up and teary eyed when I hear the song "I'm Proud To Be An American" while watching fireworks while snuggling with my little family. We really are proud to be Americans!




0 comments:
Post a Comment