Monday, September 19, 2011

A Summer of Fun





The rest of our summer at a glance...

Camden started crawling (the army crawl-but he was a speed demon) at 7 1/2 months, pulling himself to a stand at 9 months, and at 10 months started crawling normally. He's getting braver and faster with standing. He now has 7 teeth and eats like a teenager. He is happier than ever!


This is his favorite trick-he'll stand on his head for a long time while we all giggle along with him.
(no he's not wearing a dress, his overalls are unbuttoned after changing his diaper)


Emily is our little princess...literally. Dress up is still her favorite thing to do-always. The second she wakes up she's in a princess dress and I have to fight her to put on clothes or pj's. She will literally wear a different dress every 10 minutes. She worked hard all summer filling up 4 sticker charts for good behavior to earn: her Rapunzel dress, Rapunzel hair, a toy Pascal (a rubber chameleon that looks nothing like the one in the movie. It was the best I could do.), and earrings (stick on ones). I'm so proud of her. Each chart took her about 3 weeks to fill. That's an eternity for a 3 year old. She is one determined and driven little girl! And such a good kid too, I'm so lucky to have her in my life.


Saturday Market on Snake River Landing

In the bouncy house! Only $2 for 5 minutes. Not expensive at all...yeah right. Worth the smiles and giggles though!


Who needs a double stroller??

Backyard sprinkler fun! We so enjoyed the fence Steve built, it makes our yard seem so private and secluded and safe. A perfect place for my kids to play.


What do you do on a rainy, stormy summer day? Play in a rubbermaid!



Emily's best friend is still Madi. We just love this little girl! She's such a good kid and a good influence for Emily. These girls just never get sick of each other, and watching them together makes me think they'll be friends forever. I hope so atleast!

More dress up...this time with halloween costumes. A little change from the dresses.

Afternoon at Reed's Dairy


The best part was the grilled cheese sandwiches and icecream-yum!

Riding bikes around the green belt. Emily finally learned how to pedal her bike by herself this summer!


Ems, Cam and I headed up to Rexburg one day for some fun at the splash park-it was cloudy and looked like it might rain but we had a blast!


Camden's SECOND haircut...and believe it or not he's almost due for a third.

Before


After




Blessing luncheon for Kris and Donnalee's baby Eva. Grandpa put Cam's pants on his head!

Messy but fun: Sidewalk Chalk



Even more dress up! A fairy this time (she said she was a butterfly. She fluttered around the yard saying "butterfly"over and over since obviously that's the sound butterflies make)


Camden's just like Emily: they both LOVE to be snuggled when they're sick... especially by daddy

Monk Girls weekend at the Lava Lodge

Family night at Leo's-one of our most favorite places



Bee's Knees music festival in Rexburg for Uncle Andrew's concert with his new band: The Moth and the Flame. They're amazing!!!!






We had an amazing summer; it was full of fun, laughs and good memories. We're a little sad it's over now but we are SO excited for fall! In fact Emily and I decided to decorate our house on Friday with our autumn decor, but once we finished the autumn stuff we thought "what the heck" and did our Halloween decorations too! Emily had a blast decorating and it brought back fond memories of when I used to help my mom decorate for holidays. It just brings such a cozy festive feeling to our home and gets us in the mood for the holidays!

4 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

Looks like a really fun summer's end! Hannah and I decorated our house for Fall and Halloween yesterday too! We are excited!

Kyle and Jillian said...

So fun! Your kids are adorable, by the way, and you look wonderful too. It looks like you have a lot of good times together. They are so lucky to have you for their mama!

Amy said...

Wow. I can't believe how big your kids are. They are just beautiful- and so are you. I love seeing what you are up to! I miss you so much I could cry. :) Love you.

Monk's said...

Summer went so fast. . . You guys had a great time and made lots of memories.