A couple of weeks ago we started introducing Emily to a few easy semi-solid foods...mainly rice cereal. The first feeding was so much fun for Steve and me. It was so funny to watch her first bite with her puckered lips because she wasn't sure what to think of it. After a few bites that came right back out again she got used to the new texture and the new experience of eating from a spoon. Oh, cherished moments!
Steve found this really fun park and took us there this past weekend. It was so much fun! There are tons of ducks and geese all around and they're really not too afraid of people so they just came right up to us thinking we were going to feed them, unfortunately we didn't know there were going to be ducks and therefore didn't think to bring bread with us. We'll be prepared next time though. The best part about this park are all the paved trails which make for the best walk, and Emily loves to be in her stroller so the three of us just strolled around for much of the afternoon.There's also a little playground and we took Emily for her first ride down a slide-I don't think she knew what to think of this experience and I'm pretty sure Steve and I had more fun than she did. It was cute to watch her concerned little expression though.
After playing on the playground Emily ate her lunch and then fell right asleep on the walk back to the car. I know we'll be returning to this park often because we all had a great day!
Emily has found a new obsession...her feet! It's so cute. She is absolutely fascinated with them, and entertains herself for quite a while wit her little toes. My favorite is when she has one foot in each had and she looks back and forth between them trying to decide which one to put in her mouth before she grabs one foot with both hands and goes at it. It's a slobbery mess, but she doesn't seem to mind!
Em has also started teething-poor little thing. I can feel the little tooth on her bottom gum, and whenever I rub her gums she just smiles and relaxes because it feels good to have it massaged. I can tell she's uncomfortable a lot of the time, but we've been putting gripe water in her bottles and it seems to do the trick of making the pain go away. She's a tough little girl, and hopefully we'll have a picture of that first tooth for you soon. I know the teething process can be long, with the tooth coming up and going back down...so it might be a while before we have a picture but we'll just keep you posted on the progress!
Monday, May 5, 2008
More New Things
Posted by Brooke Monk at 3:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is just getting so big!
Looks like you are having so much fun in your little family! I love being able to see you guys together(even if it is just in pictures) , she is looking more and more like you!!!
Post a Comment