Friday, June 6, 2008

Dress Up Diva

I've decided that Emily knows how cute she is. She cracks us up all the time! Emily and I went shopping this day with Grandma Monk and we found these baby sunglasses. I thought she would have grabbed them off of her face right when we put them on, but she just sat there with them on and posed while we took her picture.

Whenever Dad wears a hat Emily can't take her eyes off of him. She'll just sit on his lap and stare at his hat, then she decides she doesn't want it on his head anymore and she grabs and swats at it until he takes it off for her...

Success!

Since my last post we moved to Rigby! I absolutely love our new house. There's so much room for Emily to roll around and play. She is now six months old! Can you believe it? I can't. She now has (almost) 6 teeth; she's getting her top four middle teeth and two have already come through. The other two are just about through, and they sure have been painful for her. But she's been so tough through it all-bless her heart.

Emily has become mobile in a very creative way...she rolls! This little girl rolls clear across the floor and back. If she sees something she wants that's across the room she just rolls right over and gets it.

Now that she can go where she wants she spends a lot of her time under our coffee table-her new favorite spot. The first time this happened I was on the phone with my mom so I set her on the floor to play and when I turned around I couldn't find her, but then I heard her little laugh under the table and there she was! It's been her favorite place ever since! She goes under there a couple times a day and she'll spend a good twenty minutes playing under there at a time.


Peek-a-boo!


Emily figured out the jumper! Now instead of just hanging and spinning she actually jumps! She looks like a little frog-it's adorable. We go to Grandma and Grandpa Monk's every Sunday for dinner, and this jumper has been very helpful at dinnertime. She just jumps and puts on a show for us while we all eat dinner. It's wonderful entertainment and we all get to eat dinner without taking turns holding her. What a doll!

2 comments:

Amy said...

She is just getting si big! It was a lot of fun seeing you yesterday! We sould get together again soon!

Josh and Shyann Croke Family said...

Hey Brooke! Cute blog! I hadn't seen your baby yet, she is so cute! How are you guys doing? Hope you're doing great!