Monday, July 7, 2008

First 4th of July

We had a great 4th of July weekend. First we had a BBQ at Grandma Monk's house, then we all headed over near the river to watch the firework show. One of the best parts about the weekend was that we got to see our good friends Dan and Sarah Willcox. They've been living in Washington and we haven't seen them since Emily was born so it was nice to be able to spend time together. I was afraid that Emily would be afraid of the fireworks, but she loved them! Then on Saturday we had a family reunion with all of Grandma Hayes' brothers and sisters and their families. It was a weekend full of fun and family, and it was a perfect first 4th of July for Emily.

Mom, Dad, & Emily at the BBQ


Emily's so cute in her 4th of July outfit!


Emily & Uncle Sam after the BBQ


Mom, Dad & Emily getting ready to go to the fireworks.


Emily waiting for the fireworks to start


Emily & Mary Willcox (Dan's mom)


The Willcox Family (Mary, Dan & Sarah)


Emily & Grandma Hayes are best buds. Emily was really fussy before the fireworks started, but Grandma can always settle her down when no one else can.


Mom & Dad...the show's about to begin!


Dad & Emily watching the show-she was very mesmerized.




Mom, Dad, & Emily watching the fireworks (Emily's still fixated with them)


The family reunion-water balloon "volleyball".


Mom & Ems at the reunion.

What a great weekend.

4 comments:

Monk Family said...

What a cute little family you are! I'm so proud to be apart of it. You guys are awesome, I love you tons.

Candace said...

I love the pics! Looks like you had a way fun 4th of July also!!

Question! How on earth do you get a scrapbook page from scrapblog for the top part of your blog? I can't figure it out for the life of me. =)

the Petterson Family said...

I was wondering how your 4th was...Ours was good,,,but I was homesick, really homesick...I cannot, absolutely CANNOT wait to see you guys!

Padilla Fam said...

i love the last pic of you kissing emily!