Friday, September 26, 2008

What A Weekend

Emily is now over 9 months old, so this weekend we had to get her 9 month checkup and 9 month pictures. I was excited to get Emily's pictures taken, but first we had to get ready. I'm a lucky Mom because Emily lets me primp and preen her all the time with hardly any fussing, and with all that crazy hair it definitely takes some time to get it looking presentable.

Getting the hair done

This is how Emily watches tv.

Then it was off to Sears Portraits. I went there because they offered me another free 8x10 and I'm all about free! Emily was not very cooperative. She wouldn't sit very long before crawling away trying to grab all the fancy camera cords, (she's very intrigued by things she's not supposed to touch), we tried doing cute poses with her lying on her tummy and back but she'd just roll right over and sit up, then we tried having her stand with the chair but she didn't like that either, and we never did get a smile out of her. So, after a long and exhausting photo session with a couple breaks in between to dry tears, I got to see the results of our photo shoot. To my surprise nearly all of them turned out great! Luckily Emily is a very photogenic little girl so we got some really cute shots, but then came time to choose just one (that's how they get you-they offer you one free picture and then try to get you to buy a $100 package) How hard! I decided on this one, but here are the proofs of some of my other favorites.

The winner-not as cute as some of the others, but I felt like it captured the 9 month experience


Emily and George-her best bud


This one looks like a GAP ad to me-it's my favorite



Then we had the 9 month Well Baby check. I love our new Doctor. He takes so much time to answer all my questions, he remembers us by name, and he absolutely loves Emily. Emily now weighs 16 lbs 8 oz and is 27 1/2 inches long. She now has 8 teeth and says Mama (mamamama) and Dada (da.....da...). It's so cute!

More big news...there's a new love in my life! His name is Toby. He has big brown eyes, light brown hair, and is about 10 inches tall. He's our new puppy! Toby is a 16 week old puggle (mix of pug and beagle) puppy. He is absolutely precious! I've been wanting a puggle for a few years now and we're finally in a place where we can have one. I wanted a dog that was small enough to be in the house and fit through our pet door. We just got him last night and we're already so in love with him. Steve took him fishing today and I bet they're having a blast.



4 comments:

Natalie Monk said...

Emily is cute! You guys did great! No wonder she is so lovable! Toby is pretty cute too! I just love all you guys!! ;)

the Petterson Family said...

That's pretty funny that Steve just HAD to take his new dog fishing!!! :) Emily is really cute in all those pics! I love the one you picked-it's my favorite!

Amy said...

Wow! Emily is just getting so big! It seems like yesterday that we were at work talking about when she would be born!

Kristina Rowley said...

What cute pictures of Emily and what a cute puppy! I should bring the kids by someday to meet him. They would just love it!