Emily was sick last week and therefore did not sleep very well at night. One night she woke up at about 2am, and I was exhausted but she definitely wasn't. She'd been pretty miserable and sad earlier that day but when she woke up in the middle of the night she was ready to play. Her fever had broken for a little while so I decided to make the best of it and just play. She and I stayed up for about an hour and a half playing patty cake (one of her new favorite games) and watching the food network. It's moments like these that you can either laugh or cry, and it ended up being a fun mommy daughter girls' night I'll never forget.
Last night we went to Pocatello to Steve's Aunt's house for a family dinner. It was great to spend time with family that we don't get to see much. Emily and our cousin's daughter, Addyson, became quick friends. Emily is always very intrigued by little kids and Addy seemed pretty fascinated with Emily.
Emily is such a blessing to me. I just love getting to spend every minute with her and I miss her like crazy when she takes naps during the day. She makes me laugh all the time, and I find her so entertaining! Some of her favorite tricks are clapping, waving, and clicking her tongue. All you have to do to get her to clap is say "Yay!" or play patty cake and she thinks it's so fun.
Toby is pretty funny and entertaining as well. Steve bought him a raw hide bone to chew on, but instead of chewing on it he's always trying to find a place to bury it. He tries to bury it in the carpet or under the couch and it is hilarious to watch! Oh, Toby...
5 comments:
Brooke!!! We need to get together sometime!! I am home always! Little Emily is so so so cute! I cannot believe how big she is already. It seems like just yesterday You, Betsy, Christy and I were all eating at Wingers! We need to go out for lunch sometime.
Yeah, I know about the whole sick kid thing this week! It's been rough! I guess it's that time of year! :)
Brookie, what darling pictures of our little Emily. She just keeps getting more fun each and every time I see her. I loved watching her on Saturday. Thanks for being the BEST mom in the world to our little granddaughter. We couldn't ask for a better daughter-in-law, we love you all! See ya soon, Mom Monk
Cutest blog. I love the embellishments on the side. Tell me how you did it. Emily is getting so big. I bet you will love Halloween like never before this year.
Hey Brooke,
I wish I could have come up to the reunion. Your little one is so dang cute. Hopefully we will see you soon and if not at least we have blogs!
Post a Comment