Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What a cutie!

Emily turned 10 months today, and I still had some pictures to post from 9 months. So, here they are. Now we can make room for all the 10 month pictures still to come!

Uncle Matt's 17th birthday was last week. So we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for his birthday dinner, and being the genius that Matt is he asked for Turkey dinner. I know-he's brilliant. It was delicious! Matt's birthday felt like a true holiday with a dinner like that. Then after Matt opened his presents I got some really cute pictures.


Emily enjoying Matt's present (well, the box it came in...and the bow on top)


"Got it!"

"Try it Uncle Matt! It's delicious!"


A few days later Emily got an early birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa Monk. A walker/rider toy. At first she enjoyed the box more than the toy. I've wanted one of these for Emily, and I know she'll be walking in no time. She walks clear across the room with it until she runs into a wall or piece of furniture. Then she whines until I turn her around so she can go some more.

In the box her present came in

Thanks for the awesome present Grandma and Grandpa!

We had a missionary come home! Austin Kinghorn, a good family friend came home from serving his mission to the Cape Verde Island off the coast of Africa. He's one of Uncle Sam's very best friends. Austin is convinced that Emily likes him more than Uncle Sam. I'm not sure about that, but I do know that she now has a new "uncle" to love.


At the Kinghorn's. Playing with the big girls

We had lots of delicious Halloween goodies at the Kinghorn's. Thanks Kaylynn! Emily with Aunt Nat, Grandma and Grandpa Monk

Then this past weekend we helped Aunt Natalie move into her new apartment, but I think Emily and I were more in the way than helpful. Emily enjoyed the laundry buckets though! What a sweetheart, and "into" everything these days!


2 comments:

Monk Family said...

Absolutely precious!!! I love the video of Emily walking. It is going to be so soon. How come we are so anxious for Emily to walk? She will be off, leaving you in the dust. I hope you can save that little clip forever, she will love seeing herself learning to walk in about 10 years. Can you put it on a DVD? Don't you just feel so blessed having little Em's in our family? We love you guys!!! Mom Monk

the Petterson Family said...

I love that she fits into that little box! Almost like you don't need toys...just boxes and she will be a happy camper.