This time of year we all find ourselves reflecting on our lives and the many blessings we cherish. Often times our lists are endless and it's hard to choose the most important, but I decided to take the time to consider my top ten.
1. My family
2. The Gospel of Jesus Christ and all it entails
3. My hard working, loving husband
4. Emily and her precious smile-it can always make me feel better
5. A warm house
6. Food on the table
7. Our parents and the values they taught us
8. My testimony
9. The gift of the Holy Ghost
10. The health of my family
We have had such a fun Thanksgiving weekend, and I can't believe it's over! Wednesday night we went to Grandma Monk's for yummy clam chowder and a movie, Thursday we went to Grandma Hayes' for Thanksgiving dinner-Delicious! Friday we went to the Lava Lodge for more delicious food and fun with family. Then on Saturday Dad, Grandpa, Uncle Sam, and Uncle Matt went out in the desert for their annual "guys adventure" and us girls had fun sewing and shopping! Lastly, today we went back to Grandma Monk's for dinner with the Shewey family and Mary Willcox, our close family friends. Life is busy but wonderful right now. We have lots to look forward to in the upcoming weeks and I couldn't be happier!
Earlier this week Grandma Monk gave Emily an early birthday present...the cutest jammies ever! She is so adorable in them and they'll be perfect for Christmas too. Now I'm on a mission to find red pajama pants with penguins on them so Emily and I can be twins.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
A Time for Thanks
Posted by Brooke Monk at 7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment