Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Did you miss us?

We're back! Our computer crashed the day after Halloween so I haven't been able to blog in what feels like forever. But, thanks to Steve's sister, Natalie, we are back online! She gave us her old computer and we are so thankful to her. So, time to play catch up...

Halloween was so much fun! Emily was the cutest little dragon (Jenny-Sam was an adorable dragon too!!) and I was surprised that she wore her costume the whole night.






At our ward Trunk or Treat

...making friends



At Grandma Monk's



The loot!





UPDATES ON THE MONK FAMILY: Emily's first molar is starting to pop through-ouch! Also, Emily is now a big girl...she no longer drinks from a bottle! As of Tuesday November4, 2008 Emily now drinks from a big girl cup. I was afraid it would be hard to ween her from her bottle (she'd grown quite attached to it). I started weening her on that Tuesday and it only took that one day. There were a few tears during her first two naps of the day, but since then it's been smooth sailing!


Steve and I both had a long week last week, and so we decided to get away this past weekend to recuperate. We went to Aunt Leslie and Uncle Blaine's beautiful lodge in Lava Hot Springs. It was so fun. We watched movies, played games, went for a walk in the town of Lava, cooked delicious meals, the guys went hunting, and us girls stayed and played with the babies. Thanks so much Aunt Leslie and Uncle Blaine for letting us use your lodge. We had a blast!

Our good friends Devin and Andrea and their little guy Carter came with us. They are so much fun! And their baby is absolutely precious, and doesn't Andrea look amazing? She only had her baby 2 months ago!

The guys returned home from an unsuccessful but fun coyote hunt.

Emily's favorite part about the lodge was the huge open space to explore.

We even got the guys to help change the diapers...what a perfect weekend.










5 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

Love the guys changing the diapers pic, that's awesome. I have to say that I am a little jealous of Devin and Andrea! hunting....hanging out... But I know they will never take our place...right?!?! :( We miss you guys!

BTW-Wwe are coming from the 4th-9th, and I just thought of something...When are you going tree hunting???

Amy said...

Super cute! I'm glad Emily is ok without her bottle! :) I'm going to call you today!

Jennie said...

Yes, she definitely was a cute dragon!! :)

Melissa said...

Emily is super cute!

Devin and Andrea said...

Emily is so sweet..... So today was kinda weird, I am sorry. But I really would like to hang out again sometime really soon. I usually just sit at home...so.... Next time i am in Rigby, I will call you. :-)