Monday, January 19, 2009

One Year Update and One Fun Weekend


I need to do an update on our little girl. Emily is now 17lb 8oz and is 28 1/2 inches tall- only in the 10th percentile overall. She's just a tiny little thing! Yesterday I discovered EIGHT more teeth! That's a total of 16 teeth for this one year old baby. The molars she's been working on for so long finally popped through. So now she has four molars (two top and two bottom) and all four canines. They all came in at once! They're not all the way through yet, but they will be soon. What a tough little girl I have.

Emily has learned how to twirl and it is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Most of the time if I say "Twirl!" she twirls, but if not all I have to do is twirl and she'll start twirling too. She'll twirl around about three or four times before she gets to dizzy, then she stops while she recovers and starts up again. I haven't been able to get a very good video of her twirling yet, but these two clips are pretty cute!

.


She's getting pretty dizzy here...


Emily now has a 5 word vocabulary. In addition to mama and dada she now says tuh-tuh (Toby) and nuh-nuh (she says this for whatever thing she wants. For example if she wants her duck but can't reach it she points to it and says "nuh-nuh"). She also says "what's that?" but it sounds like "wuh-sah" and she whispers it. Whenever Steve shows Emily something whether it be a picture, a noise, or just something new he would say "what's that?" in a whisper voice and now she says it all the time. So cute!

Emily and Toby have become the best of friends. They play together all day. Toby is Emily's little shadow; especially when she's in the highchair. He sits patiently at her feet waiting for her to drop some food. Usually she feeds him a bite and then she'll take a bite and so on. He loves it and Emily thinks it's hilarious. She just laughs and laughs when he eats out of her hand. Last night Toby was chasing his tail in circles and boy did it crack Emily up. She just sat and watched him and giggled the whole time. One day last week when Emily was still feeling under the weather I saw her snuggling with Toby. He was laying in the sun spot on the carpet from the window and she just sprawled right on top of him and used him as her pillow. Toby is such a good dog. He's so good with Emily, and he puts up with a lot of her teasing. They keep me on my toes though that's for sure!




Emily's favorite seat in the house: right in front of the tv on the big pillows. She watches Dora and Barney here in the mornings.

Steve surprised Emily and me with a trip to Jackson Hole this past weekend. It was so much fun! We've been to Jackson quite a few times, and we've always wanted to take the sleigh ride through the Elk Refuge but never have. So we decided to splurge and just do it. It was a lot more expensive than I thought it would be but it was worth it! We spent the day at the Visitor's Center and the Museum and then we went out to Bubba's Barbeque for an early dinner. Jackson Hole is so beautiful and the drive there is just as pretty. On our drive home Steve stopped and got us Mexican hot chocolate. Delicious! Thanks for an amazing weekend honey!












3 comments:

Devin and Andrea said...

Oh brooke... She is do dang cute. I wish we were there to hang out with you guys and see emily. She is getting so big. Carter is now 16 pounds 14 ounces. He is catching up to her. Oh and I love jackson too.... MIss you...

Unknown said...

Emily is so stinkin' cute, a I can hardly stand it. and i love the video's of her.
I'm so glad you got to go to Jackson hole, it looks like you had a blast. I've never been, but I want to now!

jp said...

Guess what? Adyson has that same brown sweater with the pink stiching! I love it,it's so super cute. Good taste mom!