Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Bunch of Suckers

I haven't posted in a while-we've been super busy! I got a job at the Koala Kids Academy, the day care owned by Melaleuca. I worked at Melaleuca for almost three years and they take care of their employees really well and they have really high standards for everything they do. Needless to say this daycare is probably the best day care in the area. There are 7 different classrooms which range from age 6 weeks to 6th grade. I teach the 2 1/2 to 3 year olds. Such a fun age! I'm excited to be able to plan activities and preschool lessons and decorate my classroom. I've been training this week, so I'll get to do all that next week. I'm also excited to get my Melaleuca product check again-yay! But the best part of this job is that I get to bring Emily with me. She's in the classroom right next to mine so I see her all day long. Whenever I need some Emily time I just bring her into my class or go visit hers. Emily has so much fun playing with other kids all day and learning lots of new things. Right now I'm working full time which has been a big change for us, but we're adjusting well. In a month or so I'll be able to go part time. Emily is sick today so I stayed home with her, poor thing. But I'm loving all this time with her. I can't express how much I love this little girl! She's napping right now, but I'm excited for her to wake up so we can snuggle and rock in the rocker some more. When she's sick she's extra snuggly, except she likes to have a big pile of toys while we do-not so comfy but oh well!


For Valentine's Day I bought Steve a HUGE bag of dum-dum suckers. Steve and I like them, but Emily LOVES them. A couple weeks ago we were at Grandma Hayes' for Sunday dinner and we brought some suckers to share. Emily and Grandpa Monk enjoyed theirs together. Having a sucker is one of those rare occasions that Emily will sit still on your lap, and I think Grandpa liked that (everyone else was jealous). Aunt Natalie wanted some Emily time too so she snatched her up, but then Emily tried eating her sucker stick. Silly girl!





On Saturday that same weekend the three of us went to West Yellowstone for the afternoon. We ate a delicious pizza lunch at The Gusher, and while we were waiting for our food Dad kept Emily entertained with his water. Emily still loves drinking from a straw and she's still a little messy with it but it kept her happy! After lunch we did some window shopping because most of the stores are closed for the winter. There were a few that were open and they were fun to look around inside. Our favorite was the candy store. Steve and Emily were in heaven! They're both addicted to anything sweet. So we bought some sweet treats and headed home. Emily slept the whole way home and got a good nap in while Steve and I enjoyed talking and taking in the beautiful scenery. What a fun weekend!




This is Sawtell Mountain just outside of Island park. Steve and I have ridden our dirt bikes to the top a couple times. Impressed? Well, it's a gravel road all the way up to the top so it's not that impressive!

I absolutely love Idaho. Some of the prettiest places I've ever seen are in this great State. I hope we don't ever have to move!

4 comments:

Candace said...

Haha, I love the sucker pictures!

the Petterson Family said...

That's a really pretty picture of sawtell. I love the sun streaming through the pic. HEY!!!! I also have a new job placement at work!! I am in the 2 year old class!!! yeah! We can now swap ideas! I have a blog that I am starting with kids ideas. I have to add a few more things to it before I launch it. I am so excited!

Linds and Thad said...

Emily is getting so big! It will be fun when Analyn can start eating solid foods.

Meek Family said...

Congrats on your job. That is really nice being able to take Em. Good luck.