Since it was a holiday weekend Steve got an extra day off! It was so great to be together for a little while longer, just one more day was such a blessing. So Monday morning the three of us got up and packed for a trip to the mountains. We had a picnic lunch (Kentucky Fried Chicken-yum!) then Emily and Toby explored together for a while. After that we went on a little walk and Steve soaked up every bit of Idaho he could. He misses his family while he's away but he also really misses Idaho. Every time he comes home he goes on and on about how beautiful Idaho is. (He's not the biggest fan of Nevada). We both love Idaho and hope we can raise our family here. Steve's going to be applying for jobs soon and we really hope we can find something in this area. I guess we'll see!
After our walk we hopped back in the truck and drove up to the top of Relay Ridge-so beautiful but very windy! On our drive down the mountain we stopped at a pretty spot for some more pictures and to let Emily and Toby explore some more. We had such a great weekend and we can't wait for the next time Steve comes home again. Steve's taking an extra day off so we can go camping and we're so excited!!
Friday, July 10, 2009
Idaho Our Home
Posted by Brooke Monk at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Brooke, I loved this post! We miss Idaho sooo much! I am glad you guys had so much fun. Your little family looks great. And you look so gorgeous! I'm glad you guys plan on staying in Idaho for the long run. We do too, if we can.
We miss Idaho! We want to move back so bad! Someday.... I know how it is to have a husband gone like that. Josh travels a lot for work, but hang in there, it will be over eventually. Gorgeous pictures, you guys are a cute family.
Emily is getting so big!! I miss you so much. I am glad that things are going well for you! I'll call you soon!
We love Idaho too! You can't go there and NOT love it! Thanks for making me homesick you stinker! Just kidding I love you! Those pics of you and the mountains are beautiful!
I like the new look of your blog. And I love the pics of your trip. You'll have to give us directions as we are always looking for a new spot.
Thanks for posting a note on mine. I think it was the spirit or something :). I doubt that you heard about Melissa today at work since you are at the daycare.
Melissa passed away yesterday. Her funeral is going to be on Saturday... I presume....
It was a not so fun day and I still can't believe it.
Jennifer
ps....we are FINALLY having a baby! :) We are due the week before Thanksgiving and we are having a baby girl. I have a "secret" blog that I have been writing on until we are further along. I will add you so you can see what all has been happening. So, you will get to play with her at the daycare :)
Jennifer
apparantly I need your email address to add you to the secret blog. Let me know what it is and I will get you added.
Jennifer
your pictures so accurately depict idaho! it definitely makes me miss it! oh i will be making it back up to visit... and i MUST meet your little emily. except, i have a feeling she won't be so little. she's growing up so fast!! you're family really is beautiful! we'll see you soon, i promise! haha. you'll be in idaho for a while right?
Your family is so cute,and Emily sure is getting big!! Glad to see your blog and keep up on how your family is doing. We love Idaho too!!
Post a Comment