Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our Life Since July!

Life has been a little crazy lately. I can't believe I haven't posted since July! Unfortunately blogging is last on my priority list but life has settled down, we've gotten back into the routine of a normal life and I feel like I finally have time to blog. I've picked up more hours at work to help out while Steve finishes his last semester of school, I've been trying to organize my house as well as my life, my calling in the Primary presidency has kept me very busy, and I've had to get used to being back on a routine now that Steve's home and life is back to normal. I'm so glad to have him home. I couldn't be happier! Life is so much better and peaceful now. Lots has happened since July but here's a brief overview of our lives the last few months (we'll take it a month at a time).


July:

Splash park in Rexburg.



Our first camping trip of the year at Kirkham Hollow. We found a new spot: gorgeous!








Swimming at Grandma Monk's house




Gneiting Family Reunion at Cordon Park




Relay for Life with Aunt Natalie




August:

The first week of August my mom, Brian and Brianne came for a surprise visit for the weekend. We rode the carousel in Rexburg, lounged at Rigby Lake, rode go-carts at the riot zone, went shopping and had a BBQ where Emily had her first whole corn on the cob. We had a blast! I love getting to be with my family, I feel so lucky when they come!



Nature Park in Rexburg with our friends JT and Sharlene.




September:

In September Steve returned home from Nevada for good and started a new semester. Our favorite thing to do when fall begins is to take a drive through Yellowstone to see all the leaves changing and the gorgeous scenery. There were lots of fires this year so we had to take a route that we'd never taken before, but it turned out to be one of the best drives ever! We went to Yellowstone Lake, and Jackson Lake. I had never been to either and they were beautiful. What a way to start out the season!













5 comments:

Natalie Monk said...

What a fun update! I loved every bit of it! You have the cutest little family! I loved the adorable family pictures! I love you all!! ;)

the Petterson Family said...

Yay! An Update! I am glad to see that Steve is back and you are having some fun times. Those are some great pictures of the fun you have had!

Heidi said...

You guys are such a cute family. I loved all these pictures. The one where Steve and Emily are leaning in to give each other a kiss is so adorable!! I love the one with snow in the background. I miss snow!! Thanks for sharing. We miss you guys.

~Heidi~

Unknown said...

Brooke, I'm so sorry! I just saw your post and realized I never called you about your hair. But it looks great in the pics. Let me know if you still need it done. I'm so sorry I just spaced it.
p.s. Emily is getting so big, and is beautiful as always!

Talise said...

i'm with the other comments! i love the update!! It is so good to see how ya'll are doing!!! even thought we are all far apart, i love being able stay in the loop!

i am moving over to utah! so i'll be a little closer! i'm hoping to visit rexburg next month, so if thats the case, i'd love see ya'll!!