Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving in Washington

We went to Washington over Thanksgiving break and had a wonderful trip. Even though it was a 13 hour drive each way Emily did AWESOME! My mom let us use her portable dvd player so she could watch Baby Songs and other movies, and my cousin let us spend the night at her house on the way to and from Washington since she's a good half way point. It was nice making it a two day driving trip. Steve and I were very impressed with Emily and how well she did. It was actually a pretty fun and pleasant drive!



Thanksgiving Day was great. We spent it at my Grandparents' house, and it was so nice to be surrounded by family. My grandma hasn't been doing very well, but while we were there she ate more than she had in a long time and my Grandpa said that when she saw Emily she smiled bigger than he'd seen her in months. I forgot to bring my camera that day so I didn't get any pictures, and I'm so mad I forgot! That night we all went to our annual movie, this year we saw 2012. Emily came too, and it was her first movie in a theatre. My dad insisted she come even though I didn't think she'd do very well. Needless to say, my dad spent most of the time out in the lobby with her. But he didn't seem to mind, he and Emily were inseparable.

The day after Thanksgiving we went to get my parents' Christmas tree like every year, and later that evening we had a combined birthday party for Brittany, Emily and I since our birthdays are only a few weeks apart. Emily got the cutest doll set from my parents. It came with a pack n play, high chair, stroller and a baby that talks and interacts. Emily loves it!




On Saturday we went to the Crist Mill in Woodland, WA. I lived in washington for 15 years and had never even heard of this place. My dad discovered it and we had a total blast. It's an old mill from 1876 that was restored to its original structure and they give free tours about how the mill works, where the grains 0riginated from and they also do a demonstration of how they make each type of flour or meal. We got bags of cake flour, bread flour, and corn meal. The Cedar Creek powers this mill and up stream there was a waterfall where you could see the salmon jumping up it. The mill is in a gorgeous spot and we all had tons of fun. Afterwards we all got lunch and then we headed home to Idaho. It was a quick trip, but worth it. We had so much fun!











2 comments:

Candace said...

Wow, I've never been to Crist Mill either - looks so neat! I absolutely love the picture of the three of you there. You're just so gorgeous!

And we have to use a portable DVD player in the car for long trips now too...works like a charm!

Heidi said...

Where in WA were you? I forget where you are from. It looks like you had a fun trip. That is great. Happy Birthday to you and Emily, early or late. I'm not sure :)