Wednesday, February 17, 2010

UPDATES

Emily had the world against her when we officially started potty training. Just a few days after we started we had to take an unexpected trip to Washington for my grandma's funeral, a 15 hour drive each way, the change in classes at day care the next week was harder on her than I expected, then the week after we went to Utah for a wedding reception so more time in the car. Boy! Well, we've had about a week now of normal life and things are going great. On Monday Emily and I shopped all day with Grandma Monk and she didn't have one single accident! She'll have an accident every now and then but usually it's right next to the toilet because she couldn't get her pants down in time. I still have her in diapers at night but she's gone two nights in a row now with a dry diaper, so I figure when she's ready we'll conquer that challenge. It's so nice to be done with changing diapers! Emily loves her big girl underwear and is just so cute! I'm so proud of her!

More news...Steve got a job!! He will start work at the INL March 1st. There were 400 applicants and he got it. I'm so proud of him. We have been in school the entire 5 years we've been married and he worked at the same time so he graduated completely debt free. I feel like all his hard work is finally paying off and he truly deserves it. Big changes are coming our way and we couldn't be more excited!

I haven't posted in a while, so here are some pictures that have been waiting on my computer...


Sledding with Grandma and Grandpa Monk




Imagine Dragons concert you should check them out HERE

My brother in law Andrew-the drummer.

My sister, vocals and keys. Isn't she gorgeous?! And incredibly talented to boot.

Sam and his fiance, Haley, Steve and I, and Matt is taking the picture. It was sooo hot and crowded but the best concert I've ever been to! I'm so proud of Brittany and Andrew, they're having the time of their lives as newlyweds together doing what they love. Amazing. And let me tell you, these guys are going places!

My friend Amy came to visit from Iowa with her twin girls Ellie and Lillie. We miss them so much!



6 comments:

ericareynolds said...

Cute pictures! It was fun to see you guys and Emily at Jeff & Meredith's wedding reception. I'm glad you had fun at the Imagine Dragons concert. Aren't all the connections so funny?

the Petterson Family said...

and...you have BANGS!

Meek Family said...

Congrats on the potty training and extra congrats on the job. We're so glad that you will be staying close.

Kyle and Jillian said...

Fun post with lots of pictures. I'm so glad Emily is doing so well with potty training. It was nice to see you in Washington, though I'm sorry we didn't really have a chance to chat. You'll probably be at the reunion this summer, though, right? See you then!

Amy said...

Thanks so much for letting us stay at your house. I had so much fun. I miss you already.

Chelsey Eddins said...

looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! :)