Last week we took an unexpected trip to Washington because my sweet Grandma Robinson passed away and we went for the funeral. My Grandma was such an amazing woman and I will miss her dearly, but I am so glad that she was able to know Emily before she passed. She was such an example to me of love, patience and faith. Grandma had such a strong testimony of the gospel; I will always remember that about her and hope that I can one day have a testimony as strong as hers. I used to love to watch my Grandma look at my Grandpa. Even after being together for so long she still had such a sparkle in her eye when she looked at him, and the smile on her face as she listened to him tell the same stories is something I'll never forget. She and my Grandpa are a perfect example of true love and how to be best friends with your spouse. My Grandma was one of the most considerate and generous people ever. She was always concerned about everyone else and whether or not they had everything they needed. At dinner she never even sat because she was always getting something for someone, even if they didn't think they needed it-she still got it for them. I'm so comforted to know that families can be together forever, and because of the sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ, we can all be with our families for eternity. I know that I will see her again someday and hear those word, "Brookie, are you okay?...are you sure?" Aliene Smith Robinson was a wonderful mother, grandmother, sister and friend. She will be greatly missed, but never forgotten for she touched the lives of all who crossed her path and we who knew her are all better people because of her.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Posted by Brooke Monk at 7:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment