Friday, January 7, 2011
Camden Smiles
Camden's smiles can melt my heart in a way that nothing else can. He is such a sweet baby, and such a good baby too! I know this is almost a month late, but here's all the info from his 2 month checkup.
At the time of his checkup, December 20th, he weighed 10lb 14oz (27th percentile) and was 23" long (68th percentile) but I would guess with certainty that he is well over 11lb now, nearing on 12lb. He is becoming a bit of a chunker Monk! I love it though, he is such a happy, healthy baby and it gives me so much peace of mind to know that he's healthy, eating well, and gaining weight like he should be.
Good news for me...Camden is officially sleeping through the night! Several weeks ago I finally cleaned out his nursery, it had become the catch all spot for baby gear and gifts and was an unorganized mess. Organizing his room had been on my list for a long time, and it feels so good to have it done! His room felt so cozy to me, and he seemed to like being in there during the day so I decided to see how he slept in his own room. (He'd been upstairs in the guest room next to our room). So I pulled out my baby monitor and gave it a go, and what do you know he slept for 8 1/2 hours! Then the next 3 nights 10 1/2 hours, and every night since then 12 hours! How did I get so lucky to have both of my babies be such good sleepers? Emily did the same thing when she was about his age. I'm one lucky mom, a good night's sleep is so precious and now I get to enjoy one every night. The other wonderful thing about it is Steve doesn't get home till 7:45 so we don't have a lot of time together in the evenings but now we can spend a little time together with the 4 of us, then have kids to bed by 8:30 and have the evening to ourselves.
Camden, I sure love you more than you'll ever know! Before you were born I wondered how I would have anymore room in my heart, it seemed like Emily had it completely full, but now I can't imagine life without you and I know that you were always meant to be mine. The way you look at me with your big blue eyes, and smile as though you miss me like crazy while you sleep absolutely melts my heart and makes me feel like the luckiest mom in the world. I love you bubba!
Posted by Brooke Monk at 9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
His eyes kill me in that picture! What a little heart melter! About your kiddos sleeping through the night...you just must be doing something right! You are a great Mommy Brooke, some people are naturally great Mom's and you are one of them!!! Miss you already.
You must pay a premium for such good babies. I envy you. Camden sure is cute and it was fun to have the girls together at Christmas.
Post a Comment