Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas 2010

It was so fun to celebrate Christmas with our kids, they are so sweet and made this Christmas the most special yet! Emily had a bit of a rude awakening Christmas morning because of our dog, Toby. She woke up with him in her bed, and was not happy about it! So, we woke up to her yelling "TOBY!!! Get OUT of my BED!" And of course, Toby is nearly as stubborn as she is and would not move. So by the time we got down to her she was an emotional wreck and didn't even care that Santa came and brought presents. After a few minutes of hugs and after we shewed Toby away she settled down and got excited about Christmas again. When Emily walked upstairs and saw all the presents she said "Let's sing Happy Birthday!" Since her birthday was just a few days earlier and she got presents on her birthday she got a bit confused. We told her "It's not your birthday today, it's Jesus' birthday today" to which she replied "Let's sing HIM happy birthday!" So we did, we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus, and it was so sweet. I think it will be a new family tradition of ours. For some reason that morning I took lots of videos but no pictures, and all my videos were really dark. Plus, I've tried uploading them, but I'm having issues getting them posted. So, I'll just tell you that Christmas morning at our house was full of squeals, smiles, and lots and lots of wrapping paper EVERYWHERE. Santa spoiled Emily with a Leapster Explorer, and it is her absolute favorite toy. It has a touch screen, lots of games, and her favorite part a camera/video recorder. You can do SO many fun things with it and the best part is she's learning while she's playing. I love hearing her little game say "New Record!!" as she completes puzzle after puzzle at record speed. She's learning shapes, colors, letters, and problem solving. Thanks Santa! Santa brought Camden bottles, binkies, and batteries for his favorite thing: his swing!

After presents at our house we went to Grandma's for breakfast and more presents and I remembered to take pictures! We had such a fun day spending time with family, which for me is the best part of Christmas. I was really homesick this year since my whole family was together in Washington without my little family, but I feel so lucky to have such wonderful in-laws that I am just as close with to spend the holidays with us. I love all my family and I'm so lucky to have so many people whom I love that love me back! Thanks for all the love, gifts and memories everyone!

Christmas Eve


Presents at Grandma's! Emily had fun opening her presents as well as Camdens


0 comments: