So, here I sit on my big comfy couch watching Gilmore Girls while Camden sleeps in his swing and Emily sleeps on the loveseat. I don't have anything to do for mutual tonight, I'm caught up on my cleaning, I have a load of laundry in the washer and the dryer-and I have to wait for it to finish before I do another. So I decided while I wait-I'm going to catch up on my blog! These moments of guilt free time to myself are so few and far between. It seems like I always have something I HAVE to do so I feel guilty when I do something I WANT to do, and those moments are usually interrupted by kids. But this next hour (I hope) is mine to blog and watch my favorite show! So, here's a LONG post of what we've been up to:
EMILY
Has been taking SWIMMING LESSONS! She absolutely loves them, however the first day she did not because it was all so unfamiliar to her-new teacher, new place, in the water without mom, and what? they want me to put my face in the water? But after some convincing she went back (with the promise of a prize if she was brave) and has loved every lesson since! Wednesday is her last lesson of 8 over 4 weeks. I think we're going to enroll her in the next one as well since she's enjoying it so much and there really isn't a lot to do when it's so cold and miserable outside.
Emily loves doing preschool with mom. Everyday after lunch, during Camden's nap, I don't even have a chance to tell her it's time to do preschool because she's already asked "Mom, can we play preschool?" Melts my heart, because I know that the reason she loves doing it so much is because it's time for JUST Emily and Mom. She's doing so well, she is fluent in shapes,counting, puzzles, drawing people, painting, cutting paper along the line-even circles!, and she's continually getting better at letter recognition and their sounds. Here's a fun picture of us playing with playdough during preschool:
Emily says the funniest things, like:
While making my bed I tossed all the pillows on the floor so I could straighten out the blankets. Then with a soft, sweet voice she said "No mom, you have to be nice. Be soft with the pillows. Like this..." and she showed me how to softly put them on the ground.
While at Grandma's house Camden was jumping in the johnny jump up-which Emily thinks is hilarious. She was playing with Camden making him laugh, when she said out of nowhere to Camden, "You really love me, don't you?"
Emily totally adores her baby brother and is always loving on him-kissing him, hugging/squeezing him, picking the lint out of his toes, the list goes on. One day we were getting ready to leave so I had Cam strapped in his carseat and set on the living room floor. Emily was trying to give him a hug but couldn't because of the carseat. She got this look on her face like she really wanted to squeeze him because she thinks he's so cute, then out of the blue she popped him on top of his head-not very hard. She panicked. She said, "Oh no! I hit him mom!It's otay Canin (she can't pronounce his name) I'll kiss it better." I think she just had such a desire to squeeze him and when she couldn't just involuntarily hit him. It broke her heart that she was so upset-she's never hit him before, but I couldn't help but laugh.
Emily also can't pronounce the word "bandaid" no matter how hard I try to teach her how to say it properly it still comes out "wah-baid". One morning I woke up to the sound of Emily and Camden on the monitor. I went downstairs to see them and I found Camden in his crib with a large bandaid across his forehead almost covering his eyes, and another in the same spot across Emily's forehead. Emily smiled and said "It's otay, we're all better now".
Want to know what happens when you leave your camera within the grasp of a 3 year old?
CAMDEN
Camden had his 4 month check up last week. He weighs 14lbs and is 25 inches long. He is growing like a weed, and is such a happy little guy! Camden is getting his 4 K9 teeth-he's going to look like a little monster! It will suit him though-I remember when Steve laid him on my chest right after he was born he was making little growling noises and he hasn't stopped making them...they've just gotten louder. He gets fussy every now and then due to the teething, but he doesn't really cry-he yells. Then after he's had some tylenol he's happy as a clam. Cam really is a happy baby, and it has been so fun watching him grow (boy it's happened fast). He seems to love life and enjoys discovering new things every day. His favorite thing is still his swing, but he also loves his exersaucer and has a new love of books. Every night Emily, Camden and I read books before bed. His eyes get so big when he looks at the pictures and he gets excited too, he flaps his hands and squeals. So cute!
Some of our favorite family moments are the times when Camden's laying out on the ground, Emily's laying next to him (she's never far away from her little brother) and Steve's playing with them both. Here's Camden wearing Steve's glasses, we were all busting up (Emily especially) at how cute he was. Notice Emily's head on his-boy she loves that kid!
For Valentine's I planned a getaway to Utah for Steve and I. I found a $20 hotel in Midvale, we used the Red Lobster gift card Brianne gave us for Christmas, went to IKEA and Cabellas. But the BEST part of the trip was the IMAGINE DRAGONS CONCERT! Man, I know I'm biased because it's my sister and brother-in-law's band but they are SOOOO good! 

We had a blast, but were ready to come home to our kiddos who spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa. I can't stay away from them for long, I always miss them so much-even if it's just for a couple of hours!
I am one lucky girl to have such a wonderful husband and the two greatest kid on the planet. We're loving life and couldn't be happier!
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Ready to Blog
Posted by Monk Family at 3:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You do have the two greatest kids! I just love them to pieces! They have a pretty amazing mom, too! :)
Okay Cam is so darling with those glasses on. What a lady killer he's going to be! And let me know if you enroll Emily in swimming lessons again, I want to get Gideon in this spring.
Post a Comment