Friday, April 29, 2011

Washington

The kids and I got to go to Washington a couple weeks ago. We had so much fun! We had a nice long visit, which we haven't had in a couple years. Uncle Grant had to got to WA to have surgery (which went very well, he's doing great!) so we drove down with Aunt Brianne so she could be with him. The drive there and back was a breeze! We left at 3am both times and the kids did awesome, they are such troopers lasting through a 13 hour drive without any complaining!



In the car on our way to WA! When Ems would sleep Camden got lonely in the back by himself so he got the DVD player while Emily wasn't using it. He loves movies! And if it keeps him happy in the car I'm all for it!

Emily had so much fun with Uncle Brian. They played together the whole time. They built forts, went fishing, caught salamanders, played hide n seek and snuggled up in the big chair together often!


Grandpa waited to buy his chicks this year so that Emily could pick them out with him. Boy did she think that was great! We kept them in the basement at my parents house-so she was down there a lot playing with them.


The Portland ZOO with Grandpa.



While we were there Grandpa taught Camden to sit on his own by having him hold on to a soccer ball for balance. Great idea!! Now he does it all by himself.

We went to the Beach (Longbeach) with Grandpa, Brian and Brianne. It was very cold and windy, but that's how it always is on the Washington Coast.

Emily LOVED Marsh's Free Museum in Longbeach. She found a treasure box and got to fill it with beautiful seashells. There was so many fun things to see and do there. It was always my favorite part about going to the beach when I was a kid.

Dying Easter Eggs

Easter Egg Hunt in Grandma's Yard. I think this was Emily's favorite part about our trip. She was so excited about our visit from the Easter Bunny. And he came to Grandma's twice! Since the weather was so gorgeous on Saturday (Sunny and 75 degrees) the Easter Bunny decided to leave eggs and candy on Saturday too!


Easter Sunday Morning, our second visit from the Easter Bunny! Boy did he spoil us with more candy, toys, and Easter clothes!



One of our last nights together we had a weenie roast in the back yard, Emily's favorite part was the olives. I stayed inside with Camden since it was really cold and wet, but Emily had to come in and show me!

Emily's favorite snack is POPCORN! But she's never had fresh popped popcorn, only the microwave kind. She and grandpa popped some together, she thought it was amazing to watch.

My mom had to work a lot while we were there so I don't have many pictures of my mom with the kids. And the ones I did take I took with her camera so here's the one I had, I'll have to post more once she sends me the pictures off her camera. The kids sure love their Grandma!


We had such a great time together, and we were sad to leave, but good news they'll be coming to Idaho in a month and a half when Aunt Bri has her baby! We can't wait!

3 comments:

Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad said...

Sounds like you guys are having too much fun! It made me laugh with the olives, lily is obsessed with them right now, so basically she gets them all she want. Maybe if I'm lucky they'll fatten her up, Emily is too cool, miss that kiddo. Anyhow just know the Monks are missed, all the camping and other random fun stuff we did. We definitely need to live much closer. Miss you guys - The Conger Clan

Cali and Travis said...

Looks like you had a fun trip, but we are very glad to have you back!!!