Tuesday, May 10, 2011


My little Emily makes me laugh all the time, I love getting glimpses into the mind of a child. Emily ALWAYS wants to wear a dress, in fact some days she wear 3 or 4 different dresses because she loves changing her clothes. One day she had been in her room for a while so I went to check on her, and she made this "princess". You can't see it very well, but there are leaves for arms and a head. There's a brush in one hand, a teacup in the other and a necklace around the head. And you can't forget her favorite sparkly shoes to complete the ensemble. It makes me wonder if she was trying to get an idea of what this outfit might look like on her before she actually put it on.



Lately Emily has a new obsession with Princesses. A few days ago Emily found our wedding album, it was early in the morning and I was still asleep. I woke up to Emily sitting at the foot of my bed flipping through the book and when she realized I was awake she said with awe "Mom....you're a PRINCESS at the TEMPLE!" I took this as a great teaching moment and we talked about getting married in the temple and how we have to keep the commandments to do so. Emily's always been fascinated with the temple but after this experience she's fallen even more in love with the temple and the idea of getting married there. Last night as I was tucking her in I asked her where she was going to get married, and she said "the temple" then I asked how do we get there?" expecting her to say "keep the commandments" like she usually does but for some reason her response was "in a car, mom." The expression on her face and the tone of her voice was very "duh mom".


Recently we discovered that Emily has Bieber Fever. She loves Justin Bieber. We have a couple cds of his, she gets so excited when we listen to them, and she loves to hold the cd cases and look at his picture. A few times she's told me "I love him!". A couple days ago we were in a store when Justin Bieber's song "Baby" came on over the intercom and she started jumping up and down and said "It's Justin Bieber!" the store clerk was shocked that a girl as young as she had the Bieber Fever. Oh she makes me smile!

In this video I snuck in on her listening to Justin Bieber in her room. She had woken up before the rest of us (as usual) and turned on her music. She picked out her outfit and was just dancing and having a good old time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so cute!! It is good to keep up with your family with blogging! Yeah!!