Monday, May 30, 2011

Mini Mom





Sometimes Emily has moments that she seems 3 going on 30.

A couple weeks ago during sacrament meeting Emily asked me for a tissue, so I gave her one. Then I look over and she's reaching up to wipe Steve's nose. He was dozing off, and kept trying to brush her away. Emily was getting frustrated, so she said (not quietly) "Dad, I have to get your boogers!". Steve whispered to her "No thanks, Ems" to which she replied. "There's a booger...right there!" while sticking the tissue up his nose. I heard chuckles coming from the pew behind us and I couldn't help but laugh too.

Saturday morning I woke up to Emily's little hands on my face. When I opened my eyes she said "Good morning sweetheart!"

Last week while I was at Sam's club I was doing my big shopping trip for the month, Emily was walking next to me and clearly wasn't paying attention to all that I was putting in the cart. When it came time to head to the check stands she asked to be put in the cart, and when she saw how full it was she turned to me and shot me a concerned look then said "Mom! That's too much money!"

5 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

That is just so cute! Especially the one about Steve's boogers!

Jennie said...

This made me LOL! I love it. And I wanted to say thanks for your comment on my blog. It really helped, as every little bit does, and it makes me feel better knowing there are other moms out there who feel like I do! Thanks for the kind words and I wish we could have gotten to know each other better also before I left! But I love that our blogs can keep us connected!

By the way, Ems is looking more and more like a mini you the older she gets. :) So cute.

Amy said...

What a great big sister! Wow she really is getting so big. I miss you.

Linds and Thad said...

oh thats too funny!

Kyle and Jillian said...

Hilarious! Emily sounds like so much fun. Becca is becoming a little mother as well. All of her dolls or stuffed animals become her "Paul" and she tries to do everything with them that I do with Paul. I can't wait for us all to get together again as I'm pretty sure the kids will all have tons of fun.