Sunday, October 28, 2012

I Love My Family

Today I was such a proud Mama. Emily had her primary program, and she did great. She wasn't nervous one bit! We spent the morning getting her ready in her new sparkly dress, curled her hair, painted her nails, added a little blush and lip gloss, and the best part was she got to wear my tiara (really just a sparkly headband with jewels) from my wedding day. She felt so special and she told me it made her feel brave. Such a big deal for my shy little girl. She loved being in the program and smiled the whole time she was up there. I got choked up a few times, overwhelmed with the fact that she really is growing up too fast. After dinner we celebrated with Emily by lighting a fire in the fireplace and cooked s'mores in the living room. Then the whole family snuggled up on the couch while we read a whole stack of books by the firelight. Truly a perfect night.

0 comments: