We blessed Emily this past Sunday, February 17th. Steve gave her a beautiful blessing, and she only cried a little at the end! I guess her pacifier fell out of her mouth during the blessing and she wasn't happy about that one bit.
My parents drove all the way from Washington, my brother and sister drove up from Provo, Aunt Leslie drove up from Tremonton, my cousins drove clear from Boise, and we had several more family and friends come from around here to our early 9am sacrament meeting. We also had some close family friends, the Schaat family, come. They recently moved from Longview to Idaho Falls. I haven't seen them since our wedding, and it was so good to see them again. After the meeting we all went to the Monks where Steve's mom made a gourmet turkey dinner and it was so delicious! Steve and I want to thank all of our friends and family that made that day so special for us; I know it will be a day to remember always. Thanks again!It was a long day for little Em. This was the first time she'd ever been in a dress, and it was a very frilly one that didn't look too comfortable. She looked adorable, but I think she got sick of it after a couple of hours as you can tell by this picture!
It was great having my whole family together. This is the first family photo we've had since Emily was born. It really was a special day for all of us that we won't soon forget.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
A Special Blessing to Remember
Posted by Brooke Monk at 3:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment