Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Families are Forever

The weekend of the baby blessing was the first time Dad, Brianne, and Brian got to meet Emily. They got to our house at about 2am Friday morning after a 13 hour drive. Then Emily had us all up bright and early at 7am, but they didn't care because they were dying to finally hold that baby!


Dad and Emily got along really well right from the beginning. Brian had missed Steve so much that he was a little more excited to hang out with him than sit and hold a baby, but he fell in love with her too.

Brianne and Emily became the best of friends. I'm very impressed at the motherly instincts Brianne has, and I think she was a bit surprised herself. She held Emily just about all weekend, even when she was fussy and mad. She quickly learned the tricks to calming Em down and the two of them were practically inseparable. Brianne plans to attend BYU-I after she graduates in a year or so and I know they'll become even closer! Aunt Brittany was pretty bummed that she didn't get to hold Emily because she was sick, but we get to see her fairly often since she lives only a few hours away.

3 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

Oh dear!! It was everything I could do to keep from tearing up while I read this! I love you guys so much and I am soooo sad that we had to miss this special day! Emily is BEAUTIFUL..I'm sorry Steve, I know you said that she's not wearing makeup till she goes to college, but that's not going to keep any boys away! I am so glad that you were able to be together with your family and have some special moments together! What a special day!

By the way, I ADORE your titles and all the stuff you made on the scrapblog site! They are adorable! I am missing you and your creative inspirations!

Connel and I miss you guys tons! Love ya!

the Petterson Family said...

One more thing...cute hair cut!

the Petterson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.