Today was Em's 2 month checkup. She now weighs 10lb 11oz and is 23 inches long, but along with the good news that she's growing well came the bad news that it was time for those dreaded vaccines! I'm very grateful for the medical technology that has given us vaccines and that many diseases have been nearly eliminated because of them, but they sure do hurt.
It broke my heart seeing Emily laying on that big table with her big tear-filled eyes looking straight up at me. I've never heard her cry that way; it was a very painful cry-one I wish I didn't have to hear again.
I couldn't bear to put pants back on those tender little legs, so she spent the day in the onesie her Aunt Laura gave her.
After we gave her some baby Tylenol for the pain, she and I just snuggled on the couch all afternoon. She was definitely in need of an extra dose of love.
Slowly the pain started to ease up and Emily settled down.
Eventually she drifted off to sleep...free from any pain.
Monday, February 25, 2008
How could anyone hurt those precious little legs?
Posted by Brooke Monk at 4:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love being called "Aunt Laura!!!" I hope it meant me! It always breaks me heart when babies get shots!
Funny! Ella had her two month yesterday and was 23 inches, but 11'10 instead of Emily's 10'11. And she had a horrible time with the shots later that night as well. But Tylenol did the trick for us too. And Jordan's blessing probably helped as well. Lol. Jordan just pointed out that Ella has an aunt Laura as well.
Post a Comment