Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Couple of Firsts

Steve and I had our first day away from Emily yesterday. Steve took me for a snowmobile ride up by Kelly Canyon and of course we weren't going to take Emily with us, so we took her to Grandma Monk's house and she spent the whole day with her. Emily sure does love her grandma and she did really well being away from her parents. I didn't do so well though; the whole time I was away from her I couldn't stop thinking about her. We were only apart for 6 hours or so-but I missed her soooo much! It's amazing how much love a mother can have for her child. I never understood the capacity of a mother's love until Emily was born. I love this little girl!


Today was the first time we've taken Emily to church since she's been born. Our pediatrician recommended we wait 6-8 weeks to take her to church. She turned six weeks old this past Friday so we decided we'd waited long enough. I was going through spiritual withdrawals after 6 weeks of no church. I was nervous about how she'd do, but she did amazingly well! She slept all the way through sacrament, then Steve had to take her out for part of Sunday School, and I had to take her out for part of relief society to eat but I don't think that was too bad for our first attempt.

We're planning to bless Emily on Feb. 17th. We decided to do it on President's Day Weekend because that was the only time my whole family could come from Washington. Since my mom teaches and my younger brother and sister are still in school this was the perfect time to do it. I can't wait! I miss my family so much. My dad, Brianne, and Brian haven't even met Emily yet and I know they're just itching to spend some time with her. We're all going to stay at my aunt's cabin in Island park so we don't have to try and cram 10 people into our little trailer home. It's going to be so much fun!

1 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

oh Brooke! i am so so that we have to miss the blessing! Be sure to tell us how it goes and make sure you post some pictures of her in her blessing dress! We miss you guys! I am glad that you get to see your family though! that is so exciting that they finally get to see her! We love you guys!