Monday, April 21, 2008

More Bath Time Fun!

Steve and I left Emily overnight for the first time last weekend...it was the hardest thing I've ever done! We really wanted to take her to Utah with us, but we knew that it would've been so hard for her since we'd be car shopping and test driving numerous cars which would mean taking the car seat in and out every time. And she wouldn't have gotten her naps, and she just plain hates being in her carseat. So we left her with Grandma Monk, who was thrilled to have Emily overnight!

Emily absolutely loves her baths. She kicks and splashes, giggles and smiles. It is so cute! Grandma Monk was so excited to be able to bathe her.


I just love Emily's smile. It gets bigger and cuter all the time. She's growing so much these days...can you believe she's four months old today? It's crazy how fast time is going by...

I thought about Emily the entire time we were apart. I have a ton of pictures of her on my phone and I couldn't stop looking at them-I missed her so much! Steve and I couldn't wait to finally get home and hold that sweet little baby! She is truly a part of us, because we feel incomplete without her. I think it will be a while before we go away without her again...it's too hard on my heart!

2 comments:

Sebreros Family said...

Wow Brooke! i can't believe your baby is so big already! i feel like you were just all cute and pregnant yesterday! How are things? We miss you at Mela. Hope things are going well. Your baby is the cutest little girl! :)

the Petterson Family said...

Wow...I need to check your blog more often now! 3 posts since I last checked! :) Emily is getting so big! I am sad that I have to miss out on the crafting and gossip... :O( P.S. Love the new ride!