Friday, July 11, 2008

I'm A Big Girl Now


Emily had her 6 month checkup and she now weighs 14lb 12oz and is 26 1/2 inches long. She can sit on her own (with supervision-she's still a little wobbily), and she's crawling!. Time to baby proof the house! Emily is a very active little girl, and she keeps me on my toes.



Emily and I play together all day-and I absolutely love it! It is so much fun being a mom-there is no better job.

All six of Emily's teeth have come in now and she sure enjoys her solid food, but boy is she a messy eater!




Here's Emily after eating a baby biscuit and her rice cereal-messy, messy, messy! I try my hardest to keep her clean, but sometimes she just doesn't cooperate.



Bath Time! Emily used to take her baths in the morning, but now that she gets so messy during the day we decided to bathe her at night instead.



Emily has outgrown her baby bath tub. She's too long for it! So now she has graduated to big girl baths, and she has even more fun because she has even more water to splash in!



After her bath while I dry her off I set her on the bathroom counter where she can see herself in the mirror. She's very fascinated by her own reflection.



After she's all dry and has a diaper on she hangs out for a while in her big girl bath robe. It's so cute! It has a little hood on it, but she always pulls it off.



Now she's in her jammies and all ready for bed. So we have a bottle, rock a bit, and I put her in her bed for the night. Usually within 10 minutes she's fallen asleep...


...she'd been silent for about twenty minutes so I was sure she was asleep, but to my surprise when I went in to check on her-there she was playing! I snuck up on her so she wouldn't see me, but I wasn't very sneaky I guess. "Hi, Mom!".


So, I closed the door once more and another ten minutes went by. This time she was sound asleep with her little bum in the air. What a busy day for such a little girl.

4 comments:

Padilla Fam said...

omg! i can't emily has 4 teeth! isabella is 10 months and her 2nd one is barely coming out! i guess it's true what they said that every baby is different.

Monk Family said...

Brookie; I just love the video of Em's crawling. It brought a tear to my eye. She is so cute! It feels like forever since I have seen her. She is growing up so fast. We feel so blessed that Emily has such wonderful parents to take care of her. I'm so happy that her Mom get to be with her all day long. Now, that is a true blessing. Treasure each and everyday because they go so fast. Oh, I'm so glad that you guys are our family. I just love ya all!!!

the Petterson Family said...

So after many months of deliberating when our 1st trip HOME will be...we are actually making it happen!!! Yippee! We wil be flying into SLC on August 27th but don't get to excited yet...we are spending a few days in Bear Lake with Connel's family and then (somehow) driving to IF! I am estatic. I was so excited that I will actually get to talk to you face to face, in real life and HOLD THAT BABY! It's fun but sad to see that she is growing up so fast and she doesn't even know us. That sticks, however, it makes it all the more exciting to see our friends...Steven, Brooke and Emily Elizabeth Monk...LIVE!

the Petterson Family said...

I meant stinks...not sticks.