Friday, July 18, 2008

Summer Daze

Summer is going by too fast! I can't believe July is nearing its end, but we are certainly enjoying it as much as we can. This past Monday we went to the Monks for Family Home Evening, and after dinner we had Popsicles for dessert. I was eating mine and enjoying it a lot, but I had Emily on my lap and she wanted it even more than me. So I gave her a taste...and she wouldn't give it back! She loved that thing. I thought it would be too cold for her, but she could have cared less and boy did she make a mess. It was so cute though, and for kids getting messy and having fun is what summer's all about, right?




So, we're off to Washington tonight as soon as Steve gets home from school. He will be so relieved to be done with finals, and I know he's excited to have a break for a little while. I'm nervous about the drive because that's a long time for a baby to sit in her carseat. Luckily, my cousin is letting us spend the night at her house in Ontario tonight so we can make it a two day trip and it won't be so long for Emily. I can't wait to see my family; they haven't seen Emily since she was 8 weeks old, and I know they can't wait to see her. We'll be gone for two weeks, but I'll keep blogging while I'm there for my family here that will be missing their little Ems. See you in two weeks guys!

4 comments:

A little Birdie... said...

She is just too darn cute! And you are looking really good for having a baby 6 months ago, btw!

Kristy Rolph said...

Hi Brooke, I searched for your blog and was so excited when I found it. I always think of you and wonder how you are doing with your little one. She is sooooo cute!! I cannot believe she is already so big!! Time flys, huh? I hope you don't mind that I added your blog to my blog list. You can add mine if you'd like. We should get together some time with our little ones, well mine's pretty big now!! Take care and Congrats, she is beautiful!!

Amy said...

Sorry I missed your call like forever ago... I've been a little busy! ;) I hope you are having fun at home!! I'll give you a call soon! Let me know when you get back to Idaho- I miss you!!

Ryder Clan said...

Hi! I'm so glad you found me! You're little girl is adorable, I can't believe how big she is. It seems like not that long ago that we were at your baby shower. Your blog is so cute. How do you make it so scrap booky? Are you back at work? Or enjoying the life of a stay-at-home mom? Email me sometime Crryder@gmail.com