Wednesday, August 13, 2008

7 Months Almost Gone

So I was looking at my calendar this morning and I realized that Emily is going to be 8 months old next week! Where has the time gone? It seems like just a couple weeks ago I was blogging Emily's 6 month milestones...where did month 7 go? So it's time for the 7 month post.

Emily is now 16 pounds and graduated to size 3 diapers-yay! Now we can buy the big box instead of just a bag of Luvs (it wasn't an option in size 2). She still has 6 teeth, but I have a feeling that more are on their way soon.

Emily turned 7 months while we were in Washington, and she learned some new tricks while we were there too. She became an expert crawler, man is she fast now! She can now drink from a straw (Grandma Robinson taught her how), and she now sits in a highchair to eat.



She can also pull herself up and stand while holding on to a piece of furniture or something of similar height.



Last week we went to Grandma Hayes' for Sunday lunch and Emily tried her first apple. This didn't last long since she has so many teeth (6 to be exact) she kept biting off chunks that were to big to swallow, so I had to take it away. What a cute picture though!


While we were in Washington Emily was around lots of little kids and since then has absolutely loved playing with anyone small like her. This is the other Emily Elizabeth. She is my friend Valerie's little girl and we both happened to be in Longview at the same time.



And while we were at Grandma Hayes' she took quite the liking to cousin Abbi and they became good friends as well.


Emily's very best friend, though, is Savannah. She's our good friends' Chris and Bekah's little girl. She is such a doll! Last week I started babysitting her. I now watch her all day Monday thru Friday and I absolutely love it! She's such a good little girl and Emily loves having someone to play with. I think it's good experience for her so it won't be such an attention shocker when a brother or sister comes along in a year or two. I was nervous about how they'd get along, but they play so well together. Sometimes Emily gets a little jealous when I change Savannah's diaper. A couple times when I was changing one of Savannah's poopy diapers Emily climbed right into my lap which made it very a difficult task.


In Emily's seventh month she has been sick twice. She got a cold and an ear infection in Washington, and this week she got a bug that one of my friend's kids had. The poor little thing just can't catch a break! It breaks my heart when she doesn't feel well, but she's such a trooper and even though she had a very upset tummy and a high fever she was relatively happy. She was very clingy to Dad while she was sick and she was his little shadow. She just wouldn't let him out of her sight.


Emily just gets cuter and more fun all the time. It makes me sad how fast time is flying. Hopefully it will slow down a little because before I know it she's going to be a year old. We love you Ems! Happy belated 7 month birthday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunetly time will only get faster, it will really cruise when you start adding more little bambinos to your family. Sounds like Emily needs a little brother or sister to keep her entertained!! :) She sure is cute!!
Amanda

Monk Family said...

Oh my, Emily is just the cutest little girl in the whole world. I feel so blessed that she is our grand-daughter! What cute pictures you have captured. What a lucky girl to have such wonderful parents. I love you all. . . Mom Monk

the Petterson Family said...

h-O-ly m-O-ly! 7 months. I love the pic of her smiling in her high chair. She has your eyes and steve's smile! I can't wait to see you in just 2 1/2 weeks! And guess what? I am staying for longer than expected! (No not moving back..sorry). That really fun that you get to watch Savannah, they look like they have fun together.

Amy said...

she is just getting so big! I hope that she feels better soon... that way you can come see me!