Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Girls Weekend

Last weekend Steve went on a dirt biking trip to the White Clouds with his dad and Sam. And while they were away Emily and I had a girls' weekend with Grandma Monk and Aunt Natalie. We had so much fun! We went shopping and watched the movie Penelope Friday night. Then the next morning we got up gave each other pedicures out on the deck, went to the Farmer's Market, had a picnic, played at the park, did a little more shopping and made Raspberry Huckleberry jam. Delicious! I had so much fun. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have such an amazing Mother in law. She really is one of my very best friends and we love hanging out together.

Mom & Ems got matching pedicures

All the girls' pretty tootsies!

At the Farmer's Market

Picnic at Antares Park

Mom & Ems having a swing


Lately Emily's been very fascinated with her hands, and she's learned how to wave!


Emily loved riding on the pony. She loves her Aunt Natalie-she's so much fun!

The whole gang around the pony (Emily was starting to lose interest)

It was a perfect day for a picnic and we had so much fun!

So, I finally got my glasses! I went to America's Best and got TERRIBLE customer service. It was supposed to take 10 days for me to get my glasses, but instead it took a month! They were very rude and kept lying to me-saying that UPS lost my glasses twice when in reality they never shipped them in the first place. I got a call last Friday from the manager (after about a hundred calls from me to them nagging about my glasses) and she said she found my glasses in her desk...oh boy what an ordeal. So, the good thing is that they refunded my money so I got two pairs of glasses and an eye exam for free. I'll never go there again though. I'm not used to wearing glasses yet and I feel like such a nerd, but I can see so well now so it's worth it.

1 comments:

Natalie Monk said...

Ems may love her Aunt Nat, but her Aunt Nat loves her more! She is just my favorite thing in the whole world!