Monday, August 4, 2008

While in Washington

We had a great time in Washington. The reunion was tons of fun, and it was so nice to be able to spend time with family and catch up on each others' lives. We had 65 family members come and we all had a blast. This was the first time Emily met her Great Grandma and Grandpa Robinson and they absolutely loved her and she loved them.




Emily made a new best friend while we were there. She and my cousin's girl, Olive, had tons of fun playing together.


My family is very musical, and whenever we get together we enjoy singing and sharing our talents together. This night we all sang and some played guitars, the piano, even the trumpet!



A day at the beach: This is typically what a day at the beach in the Pacific Northwest looks like. Cold, windy, and wet. But we still had a blast!


This is Hay Stack Rock. You might recognize it from the movie "The Goonies".

The tide was out so we got to see the tide pools, and my scientist husband loved looking at all the little creatures.


Aunt Brittany, Dad, and Emily checking out the tide pools.


This sea moss looks wet and slimy, but it's not. It was completely dry, weird huh?


The "Tide Pool Gang" Aunt Brittany, Aunt Brianne, Dad, Em and Mom. We were the only ones that got to the beach early enough to see the tide pools.


Aunt Brittany was the one of us brave enough to walk into the water-it was ice cold!


Sisters! Brooke, Brittany, and Brianne. Yes, I'm the oldest and the shortest!


Even though it was cold and wet, Emily was a real trooper. She didn't cry once, and she actually fell asleep while strapped onto Dad.


After the beach we went to Great Grandma and Grandpa's where they shared some of our favorite stories, and the rest of the family shared some memories. It was fun reminiscing.



Emily wasn't as entertained by the stories as she was by all the candy on the table.


Grandma Robinson, Aunt Brianne, and Emily the next day at Wild Waves Water and Amusement Park.


Uncle Brandon and cousins Jordan and Vance decided to do the Sky Coaster where they lift you waaaaay high in the sky and drop you. Crazy boys!



That night we spent our last night together laughing, singing, and savoring all the memories we had just shared. We watched home videos from past reunions too, but unfortunately we missed out because it was way past Em's bedtime. So she, Steve and I headed home to bed.

After the reunion Steve went home, but Emily and I stayed and spent another week with my family. I'm so bummed because I forgot to take more pictures while I was with them; I guess I was too busy having fun with them.

Here's Emily playing with the family cat, Jelly. I think she would have squeezed her to death if she we had let her.



It was so nice spending time with my family, and I can't wait to see them again. Family is so important, and I feel so lucky to be blessed with the family I have.



2 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

I'm so glad that you got to see your family! I bet you were having a great time with all of them, and just priding in the fact that they were all google-ing over that cute little Emily (and her ever-so-cute pigtails BTW!)

Anonymous said...

Fun times with family!! Where do you get your blonde hair? I miss visiting teaching with you. I still do not have a partner!! Emily really looks a lot like you. Amanda