-Sings ALL DAY LONG and I absolutely love it. Often times she prefers singing over talking. And she loves to sing to her brother if he's ever hurt or sad.
-Every morning I wake up to "Mom! I want a treat" to which I always answer "No, not before breakfast". Why she asks me this EVERY single morning I have no clue. Maybe she thinks that one day she'll break me. She's had a sweet tooth since before she could walk, I owe this to my husband and my big brother. Thanks guys.
-Loves to learn. She loves doing preschool with me twice a week. Before our summer break from preschool she learned all her letters and letter sounds and is now learning to sound out simple words. This has been a slow process since she gets easily discouraged. She'll tell me it's too hard Mom! Usually after encouragement and help she gets it, although sometimes she just all together refuses to try. She can count to 20 and we're learning to count to 100 by 10's. She's also working on recognizing her numbers. Her favorite way of practicing numbers is pushing the buttons on the microwave for me. Her mathematical brain is REALLY good at patterns and sorting. She can write most of her letters and her name, however she always adds o's to her name. It is her favorite letter.
-Says the most beautiful prayers. Her prayers are different every single time. I'm constantly amazed at how she really seems to understand that she's speaking with her Heavenly Father and can ask him for what she needs, or tell him what's bothering her. I love that she always blesses Uncle Matt on his mission and the Prophet.
-Is growing a little testimony. She has a sincere love for Jesus, the Prophet, and the Temple. All three of these things fascinate her and she will listen intently as I talk about them. She loves flipping through the Ensign to find pictures of all three. It's sort of a scavenger hunt we play.
-Unfortunately is a TV junkie. Even though I limit her television to an hour and a half a day (so 3 short shows or 1 full movie) she asks for it constantly. She relishes the day if I'm ever sick and have to use the TV to keep her occupied while I recuperate.
-Always wants to be outside, and loves the snow. She can't wait until it's here to stay.
-Can't wait until Christmas, she is sooooo excited and tells everyone that she wants a kitchen for Christmas.
-Has a very tender heart. Her feelings are hurt very easily and she holds a grudge like none other. She remembers things that upset her for weeks and will tell me about them regularly. She is very aware of other people's feelings as well. Whenever we're watching a show or reading a book where someone is sad she always asks me "what's wrong with him mom?" I'll usually respond with "he's sad" but that's not enough and she follows up with "why?". Sometimes these conversations are quite lengthy.
-Loves her brother with all her heart. She can't stand it when he's sleeping, and as soon as she hears him make a peep in his bed she grabs me and we both run to his room, she throws the door open, flips on the light and says "GOOD MORNING!" he is always thrilled to see her and greets her with squeal.
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Emily
Posted by Monk Family at 8:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Emily will love reading this when she is older. It's stuff like this that binds a family together. Lots of times we think these things but don't write them down. Years later when you read them, all those feelings come flooding back and the emotions are there again. Keeps us closer. What a good Mom you are, keep it up.
Post a Comment