I know that he wouldn't be the man he is without his dad, my awesome father-in-law, who I love as my own. The love he has for his family shows in all he does. I've never told him this, but the way he stayed so strong through his fight with cancer absolutely amazed me. He never batted an eye, even through all the pain and discomfort, and I can't help but wonder if the reason he was so strong was because he didn't want us to worry. He never complained, and he stayed so positive. It was so easy to forget that he was even sick, he never let it get him down. I want my kids to know that, and take after his incredible example of faith, courage, and optimism.
And, of course, my own Dad. My hero, the one I look up to most. I have always admired my Dad, and the hard working, strong, happy guy that he is. He has a laugh that is so contagious. I also love to hear him sing and play the guitar. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of laying in my bed at night, listening to him. I especially loved it when he played my song, "Aubrey" (my first name) by Bread. I loved playing with him too, I loved to play the piano while he played the guitar, and we'd sing together. When I got my piano last year the first piano book I bought was the Reader's Digest songbook we used to play from. I hope I can pass on the same love for music to my kids that he passed on to me.
1 comments:
Such a great tribute to your men.
Post a Comment