Friday, February 20, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper


Emily has become my little helper lately. When I vacuum she loves to help; in fact if I don't let her help she gets pretty upset. She likes to hold onto the hose and help me push, and while this makes my vacuuming take about three times longer I don't mind because I want her to always be a good helper. I figure this is good training!



We also made cookies together for the first time and it was so much fun for both of us. After I'd mixed all the ingredients I put on her apron, pulled up a chair, gave her a spoon and let her go at it. I think she felt like quite the big girl. She helped me scoop the cookies on the cookie sheet, but once she found out that the dough had chocolate chips in it I couldn't keep her out of it. Fearing an upset stomach I decided that was the end of her snitching.






I think Emily's favorite part was when the cookies were done and cooled and she got to eat them. Have I ever mentioned my daughter's love for chocolate? She likes it more than I do and that's saying something!



What a perfect baby. I'm one lucky mom!

4 comments:

Natalie Monk said...

What a cute little girl! You sure are lucky! I consider myself pretty lucky too...I mean, I have the world's most adorable niece! I just love you two!!

Monk Family said...

Oh, she is the cutest little girl in the world, I just love her so much! What a lucky little girl to have such great parents. I guess I really don't know who is the luckiest(Is that a word?)Emily or her parents?

the Petterson Family said...

Looks like you are having such fun as a Mom, it's nice to see the fun things you do together! YOUR HAIR LOOKS GORGEOUS IN THESE PICS!

Catherine and Derrick said...

I can't beleive how big your girl is. You guys look like you are doing well. What have you been up to?