Day 1 Friday: Steve and I exchanged gifts early because I wanted him to have his for our stay at the cabin. I got him some really nice fleece pajama bottoms and A LOT of candy (he's addicted to sugar). He got me some rooster decorations for my kitchen and I love them! Then we dropped Emily off to Grandma's for a sleepover and Steve and I headed up to Badger Creek (near Driggs) to stay in one of their cabins with our good friends J.T. and Sharlene. It was a blast! On our way in we saw a moose, well Steve spotted it but we all stopped to check it out. That night we played games, ate snacks, and had dutch oven dinner. The dutch oven dinner was an ordeal to cook because of all the snow. Eventually we gave up on the coals and just built a fire, but then the bottom of our food burned. By that time though we were all so hungry we didn't care.
So then we went to Grandma and Grandpa Monk's to get Emily. As soon as she saw me her face lit up and she ran to me with her little hands up in the air. Melt my heart!! I couldn't wait to give Emily her Valentine. We got her a little puppy stuffed animal, strawberry scented bubbles (a big hit) strawberry dum-dum suckers, strawberry fruitsnacks and strawberry yogurt bites. What a lucky girl! Even though Steve and I had a blast enjoying time together I couldn't stop thinking about her the whole time. I missed her so much and was glad to be with her again. That night we got to go to dinner with the Monks for uncle Sam's birthday at Red Robin-Yum!
Day 3 Sunday: After church we headed to Idaho Falls again for Uncle Sam's official family dinner, but bad news he has pneumonia! So he didn't get to enjoy his birthday meal, and we all felt a little guilty enjoying it without him. Hope you feel better soon Sam! That night after Emily went to bed Steve and I enjoyed an evening of watching Arrested Development and eating some yummy snacks.
Day 4 Monday: Steve took Emily and I to Green Canyon Hot Springs to go swimming. We didn't think we'd be there very long because of Emily but she really liked it! At first she wasn't so sure what to think, but once we started swimming around with her she had a ton of fun! She kept putting her face in the water on accident and the first time she did it I thought we'd be done for sure. But she just coughed a couple times and then smiled really big. We swam for about an hour, which was way longer than I thought she'd last.
Then we got a late lunch at Burger King off the dollar menu. Later after Emily had gone to bed for the night I made our traditional "Surf n' Turf" dinner. Yummy! After dinner we ate sundays and watched "Nights in Rodanthe".
We had one fun filled weekend and I'm sad it's over! But we have more fun things planned like taking Emily to Barnes and Noble and the Library (her book craze gets bigger and bigger every day, I think she'll love it!), going sledding, and maybe a drive to West Yellowstone. Can't wait!
3 comments:
Brooke that picture of you is beautiful! YOu're gorgeous!
Sam and I were in barnes and noble yesterday and I thought about emily while I was in the childrens section. Sorry we couldn't go with you, it looks like you guys had a great time!
I was going to say the same thing. Wow you are sooo gorgeous!! And I loved the whole post. What a wonderful weekend. Emily is getting so big and she is so cute!
Post a Comment