Tuesday, October 19, 2010

To My Baby Boy:

You'll be coming in less than 48 hours now, and I just can't wait to meet you! There is a constant prayer in my heart for you. I pray that you arrive here safely, that you will be healthy and strong. I thank our Heavenly Father every day for the blessing of being your mom and I hope I can do all I need to teach you and your sister correctly, help you gain a testimony and give you the tools you need to be successful in this life so that when our time on this earth has passed I can look back and know that I did all I could for my children. I know that we'll be together forever and that gives me so much comfort!

Everything is ready for your arrival! I've been cleaning like a madwoman, and making sure we have all the baby things you'll need. Your sister can hardly wait to see you, although I'm not sure she fully understands what big changes will be happening in our household, but I know she'll love you! You have an amazing daddy who is anxiously waiting for you to get here. You are one lucky little guy because you have the best dad any kid could ask for, just ask Emily and she'll tell you how wonderful he is!

There has been a totally different spirit in our home these past couple weeks as we've prepared for your homecoming and I love it. I know that the sweet spirit you bring will be even stronger when we finally get you home since you'll be fresh from heaven, a perfect gift from our Heavenly Father. We're so lucky to have you and can't wait to fall even deeper in love with you!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck Brooke! I love you!

Amber said...

That is so sweet! You are one amazing woman. We pray that everything will happen smoothly as well. Give me a call after you get that baby home. I want to come take pics of the little guy as a present from us. The best time is before he is two weeks old. Love you and can't wait to meet him as well!

Kyle and Jillian said...

I love the note! Good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly.

Linds and Thad said...

What a sweet little letter. Your little boy will love reading that when he's older! Good luck with your c-Section. I hope all goes well and can't wait to meet the new babe soon!!!

Natalie Monk said...

Brooke, you truly are an amazing mom! I really admire you and all you do for your family! Not only does this little boy have an amazing daddy, he has the most incredible mommy! He is such a lucky guy from the get go! I, too, am excited to meet him, hold him, brag about him, and love him even more than I already do! 48 (a lot less than that now) can't come any sooner!!